Work Permits for non EU personnel coming to the UK

December 13, 2017


There are a number of different work permits that can be applied for if you are considering sending US personnel to the UK.


Each EU country has it’s only rules in this area. EU citizens are free to work anywhere in the EU, post Brexit such rules are subject to change but realistically may not vary greatly in the future.

For US personnel coming to the UK, certain aspects should be considered. If someone is born in the EU but has never lived in the EU they can apply for a passport in the country of their birth, from this it’s quite straightforward to obtain a social security number. If someone’s parents or grandparents are born in the UK then ancestral visas are a possibility.


For other types of visa, emphasis should be made on the technical qualifications of the proposed individual(s). You would not see this officially from a Government agency but preferential treatment or fast tracking is given to people with specific technical expertise

Please reload

Featured Posts

Google vs HMRC

February 17, 2016

Please reload

Recent Posts

February 14, 2019

December 6, 2018

November 12, 2018

September 21, 2018

July 10, 2018

Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Social Icon

© 2020 Virtual Subsidiary Group.

UK: +44 (0) 1753 218 400